About Ron Harman King, MS
Since founding Vanguard Communications in 1994, Ron Harman King has combined the disciplines of online and offline public relations, strategic marketing and information technology into the comprehensive MedMarketLink program, bringing new patients to physician specialists in fertility, neurosurgery, urology, obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedics, oncology, female pelvic medicine, gynecology-oncology and plastic surgery throughout the U.S. and Canada.
A 25-year veteran of medical marketing, PR and communications technology, Ron is the author of The Totally Wired Doctor: Social media, the Internet & marketing technology for medical practices (available at Amazon.com). He is a frequent speaker at medical conferences in North America and Europe, and a television commentator, and also is a video blogger for the website for physicians, MedPage Today.
Ron has degrees from three universities in journalism, engineering and information technology, as well as a certificate in French studies from the University of Lausanne in Switzerland. Outside work hours, he is an avid skier, hiker and cyclist; a student of four foreign languages; and enjoys playing classical piano.
Thought leadership by Ron Harman King
In addition to authoring the book The Totally Wired Doctor: Social media, the Internet & marketing technology for medical practices (available at Amazon.com), Ron is a monthly video blog contributor to the physician CME website MedPage Today where his videos are often featured on the top 10 stories and writes frequently for Vanguard’s blog, The Wired Practice – free encyclopedia of digital marketing, public relations and practice management advice.
Blogs, articles & videos
- Vanguard CEO Ron King shares the healthcare marketing lessons he's learn in Vanguard's 25 year history.
- Although gene therapy, stem cell research, and pharmacogenomics are leading the way into the future of medicine, society continues to exhibit "Frankenstein phobias." Doctors can ease those fears by joining conversations about science and risk.
- Ron King discusses the impact of the internet on healthcare decisions and how providers should consider new ways to deliver not just quality of care but quality of service.
Video blogs for MedPage Today
- In this video published by MedPage Today, Ron King discusses 7 do's and don'ts that every physician's website should follow.
- Our reasoned response to doctors expressing outrage at our suggestion in a MedPage Today video that they drop the Dr. title to improve patient relations.
- In this edition of "The Wired Practice," Ron Harman King suggests that habitual use of the formal title "Dr.," either consciously or subconsciously, makes patients less likely to engage in more productive dialogue.