Medical Advisor Neil “The Wiz” Baum, MD, offers doctor-to-doctor advice from his 40 years in practice
Signup for a monthly email from Dr. Wiz
Work smarter, not harder. Get the latest on how to grow and enhance medical practices. FREE.
Recent Words from the Wiz
- Uber Patient-Centric Experiences
- Inspired Team Building
- Stop the Great Resignation in Your Practice
- Cleaner Fish and Lifetime Value of Patients
- Broken Windows Policy
- Breaux, It’s OK to Say No
- Patient Personas for Your Practice
- The Pronoun They
- 5 Keys for Better Physician Listening Skills
- Good Answers for Bad Requests by Patients
- An SMA May Be SMART for Your Practice
- What Would Water Do, Doctor?
- Get Wise to the Ways of the Bonsai
- Your Money or Your Livelihood!
- Make a Good Last Impression
- Share, Don’t Bury, Magic Moments for Staff
- Don’t Let Practice Friction Just Slide By
- Wow, Can a Doctor Compete With Retail Health?
- Empathy: The Best Medicine for Doctor Burnout
- Creativity as a Cure in a Crisis
- Time to Let the Cost Cat Out of the Bag
- 2 Resolutions That Cost Nothing and Mean Everything
- How Doctors Can Sustain the Public’s Adoration
- They Could Hack Your Practice
- Cut to the Chase to Keep the Patient Relationship Rolling
- Doctors, Use your Words Wisely
- Doctor, Protect Thyself with These Tips
- How to Let an Employee Go
- Cutting Down the Phone Tree
- Everything in Its Place – Mise en Place
- Win-Wynn Customer Service in Las Vegas
- Increase the Effectiveness of Your Staff Meetings
- Homeruns, Strikeouts and Singles
- See Your Last Patient On Time
- Tips for Choosing a Healthcare Website Developer
- 10 Lessons I Learned from Noah’s Ark
- Giving an Employee Feedback Using the Sandwich Technique
- Golf, Life & the Practice of Medicine
- SEO Tips for Your Medical Practice Website
- The Secret to Having the Best Day Ever
- No Touching, No Complimenting – In An Exam Room?
- Write a Press Release That Generates News Coverage
- Lessons Learned from Legos
- Icebergs & Authencity – Get Below the Waterline
- 66% Better Clinical Outcomes & Medication Adherence
- Luxury Cigars and Customer Service in Healthcare
About Dr. Neil H. Baum
Dr. Neil H. Baum is chief medical advisor to Vanguard Communications and is the author of Marketing Your Clinical Practice – Ethically, Effectively, and Economically, which is in its 4th edition, and The Complete Business Guide to a Successful Medical Practice, which was published in 2015.
Dr. Baum has been dubbed “Dr. Wiz” for his love of magic and his specialty in urology.