Posted November 2018
About the Vanguard Communications team
Since its founding in 1994, Vanguard Communications has built a multi-disciplinary team of experts in medical marketing and practice improvement. To our knowledge, this distinctive blend of disparate fields differentiates us from any other consulting firm in the country. Accordingly, our passionate commitment is to serving as expert practitioners in healthcare, unsurpassed in our body of knowledge.
In this pursuit, we have institutionalized an ongoing culture (and policy) of learning and constant professional education. Our principles emphasize leadership, strategy and detailed execution. Our understanding of what a medical practice needs and what patients want is just part of what makes us measurably different.
Our company was built on teamwork, collaboration and quality work. We’re currently looking for a rising administrative professional with the talent, personality, skills and work ethic that will continue to strengthen our growing team. Just as importantly, we look for individuals that will bring their own ideas and creativity to the table – to play a key part in continuing to make Vanguard great.
About the Executive Assistant & Office Manager role
Vanguard Communications is a Denver-based healthcare marketing and practice improvement company with a hands-on growing team of 15 individuals. Our company works largely with retainer clients, offering internet marketing, public relations and patient-education services for outreach to prospective and current patients of specialty medical practices and hospitals across North America, deploying a sophisticated mix of internet search marketing, social media marketing, website development, online reputation management, web content development and management, public relations, online tools for patients and families, and practice improvement strategies.
An Executive Assistant & Office Manager supports the inner workings of Vanguard’s team and must be skilled in balancing multiple shifting priorities, schedules and administrative responsibilities. Duties include providing the CEO and sales team multi-faceted administrative support, assisting the Vice President with new staff onboarding and other staff needs, coordinating trade shows and travel arrangements, budgets and billing, and office management. This position is full time and includes benefits.
Qualities of an ideal Executive Assistant & Office Manager candidate
- Persistent, go-getter attitude with the ability to anticipate needs.
- Innovative with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and work independently.
- Bring positive energy to the office and those around you.
- Experience initiating and implementing projects.
- Exacting attention to detail and proactive analytical thinking.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Deadline-driven multitasking capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability and willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship and desire to learn.
Core required skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business, administration, and/or related fields.
- A minimum of two to five years’ experience as an office assistant or manager (or related field).
- Excellent writing skills, including taking copious notes and updating tasks.
- Experience with or ability to learn a task management system (Intervals) and Google Suite online office tools.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic computer setup and software updates on Mac computers.
- Comfort working with online accounts (e.g. travel, online banking, etc.).
Bonus skills (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Experience in client invoicing, collecting payments, and bill pay.
- Event coordination.
- HR-related experience (staff onboarding, health insurance, maintaining employee files containing W-4, Form I-9, Authorization direct deposit, etc.).
- Healthcare and/or marketing office experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume using our online form, attention Stephanie Wilson: