Posted August 2019
About the Vanguard Communications team
Since its founding in 1994, Vanguard Communications has recruited a multi-disciplinary team of experts in medical marketing and practice improvement. To our knowledge, this distinctive blend of disparate fields differentiates Vanguard from any other consulting firm in the country. Accordingly, our passionate commitment is to serving as expert healthcare advisors, unsurpassed in a body of knowledge uniquely drawn from multiple fields.
In this pursuit, we have institutionalized an ongoing culture (and policy) of constant professional education. Our principles emphasize leadership, strategy and detailed execution. Our understanding of what a medical practice needs and what patients want is just part of what makes us measurably different.
Our company was built on teamwork, collaboration and quality work. We’re currently looking for an established marketing professional with the talent, personality, skills and work ethic that will continue to strengthen our growing team. Just as importantly, we look for individuals that will bring their own ideas and creativity to the table – to play a key part in continuing to make Vanguard great.
About the Healthcare Marketing Client Services Specialist/Manager role
Vanguard Communications offers internet marketing, public relations and patient-education services for outreach to prospective and current patients of specialty medical practices and hospitals across North America, deploying a sophisticated mix of internet search marketing, social media marketing, website development, online reputation management, web content development and management, public relations, and online tools for patients and families.
A Client Services Specialist or Manager (CSM) must be skilled in several disciplines, coupling both project management and strategy with tactical task execution to successfully manage ever-evolving healthcare marketing communications projects.
A CSM is responsible for the daily oversight of client projects, website management, SEO, online advertising, design and other production projects, client reporting, client communications, client strategy, teamwork, and acting as the first point of contact for multiple medical clients.
Qualities of an ideal Healthcare Marketing Client Services Specialist/Manager candidate
- Zest for challenge and a can-do drive, with an interest in being part of a fast-moving environment.
- Exacting attention to detail and proactive analytical thinking.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a highly personable work style.
- Keen sense of entrepreneurship and desire to learn.
- Willingness and aptitude to rapidly learn new medical and scientific information and speak confidently and in detail about health conditions and treatments on behalf of clients in a variety of specialties.
Core required skills & qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in journalism, English, marketing, digital communications, and/or other applicable field.
- Two years (specialist) to five years (manager) minimum experience in marketing, digital media and project management (with preference for eight years or more for managers).
- Strong business writing and editing ability and knowledge of AP style and/or the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Intermediate to advanced digital media skills, including experience with one or more of the popular, open-source content management systems (CMS, such as WordPress), graphic design, online advertising, SEO, medical writing and/or social media.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
Bonus skills (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Agency or medical marketing experience.
- Video production and/or editing knowledge and experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume using our online form, attention Stephanie Wilson, Vice President.